View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 09:42 AM   #508
That's just f***in' stupid

Surprisingly good. DC have "trained" moviegoers to expect absolute shit, so when they produce something that isn't a steaming pile, it is refreshing.

I liked it. I REALLY liked the additional focus on Batman being a detective... thought that was well done, and it did not rely on goofy futuristic impossible technology to achieve it (see bullet reconstruction in the CB flicks).

Only groaners for me were any scenes where we are supposed to take Zoe 80lbs soaking wet Kravitz seriously in hand-to-hand combat (seriously, that would be like getting your ass kicked by a fourth grader), and the occasional injection of modern wokeisims, "WHITE rich blah blah blah" - let's get away from that nonsense, please. Those were minimal and really didn't adversely affect the movie as a whole IMO.

Gritty feel, a more realistic take on the subject, and additional focus on Batman being a detective = win. All of the actors did well in portraying their characters. RP is a bit too skinny to be Batman, but they didn't try to make him out to be a super strong martial arts badass. They played it well, with a combination of armor and gadgets, w/o going over the top.

Riddler was a complete serial killer psychopath, which I thought was great until they went into the "online streamer simp" angle. Probably could have trimmed that and just kept him as a psycho; rather than reveal his backstory, leave it as a bit of a mystery.

Editing could have trimmed runtime down by at least 30 minutes. That was a long movie. Still, I give it a thumbs up and would recommend it. It is a gritty take on the super hero genre, akin to Joker.

Last edited by HC_Chief; 04-24-2022 at 10:55 AM..
HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote