View Single Post
Old 04-19-2022, 08:13 AM   #157
Starter

This is a pretty interesting excerpt from Arrowhead Pride this morning:

"In the decade since the NFL’s rookie wage scale took effect, there have been only two instances in which teams moved up from the back end of the first round (picks 25-32) into the top 15 for a non-quarterback. In 2011, the Atlanta Falcons did so to select wide receiver Julio Jones. Then in 2018, the New Orleans Saints moved up to select defensive end Marcus Davenport. Both teams gave up multiple first-round picks to make those moves.

In that same span, the only teams to trade from the bottom of the first round into the top 20 for a non-quarterback were the Green Bay Packers (for cornerback Jaire Alexander in 2018), the Saints (for wide receiver Brandin Cooks in 2014) and the San Francisco 49ers (for safety Eric Reid in 2013). Those trades required a late first-rounder and the equivalent of a late second-rounder."

Fewer than I thought, less effective moves than I would have guessed. In a deeper draft than usual (2 drafts a decade this deep?), I hope it is further ammunition to "not" trade-up unless there is a shocking slide down the board (Wyatt for one...). Build a foundation this year, decorate the interior next year.
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote