View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 07:33 AM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Quasi-Unpopular Opinion: J Williams is the ONLY target worth trading up multiple picks for in this draft.

I know, I know, the DL, but this draft doesn't have a lot of world-beaters on DL and is actually pretty deep at second-tier EDGE talent. D Wyatt? Sure, I like him too but his sack stats don't line up with CPs vision of him. Johnson or Karliftas, I like them just fine as well, but in truth neither has much hype from national pundits and I don't see much from either that suggests they'll be the next Jared Allen for us. Where's the young N Suh or J Clowney that has ESPN draft heads going crazy for that we'd be getting with our package of picks? There's plenty of talent in the second round with Ojabo, Ebiketie, Enagbare, Bonito, etc... that could pan out to be just as impactful pass rushers. Meanwhile, Williams has seemingly separated himself from the pack as a clear top-tier talent and is being compared to Devonta, Waddle, and even Tyreek regularly despite being injured.

If we want a guaranteed high-impact player in the 1st my money's on trading up for J Williams.
I'd say the vast majority of sports pundits disagree with you very much on the value of Jermaine Johnson. Pretty much everyone has him 14 or higher. Here's a quick synopsis:

Josh Edwards (CBS) - 14 to BAL
Peter Schrager (NFL) - 8 to ATL
Luke Easterling (Draftwire) - 16 to NYG in trade down
Kevin Hanson (Sports Illustrated) - 8 to ATL
Clarence Hill (Star Telegram) - 13 to HOU
Pete Fiutak (College Football News) - 8 to ATL
Zach Kruse (Touchdown Wire) - 14 to BAL
Matt Fitzgerald (Barstool Sports) - 14 to BAL
Chris Trapasso (CBS) - 18 to PHI
Aaron Wilson (PFN) - 10 to NYJ
Sam Monson (PFF) - 26 to TEN
Draftek Staff - 8 to ATL
Ryan Honey (Elite Sports NY) - 29 to KC
Matthew Freedman (Fantasy Pros) - 13 to HOU
Logan Ulrich (NFL Trade Rumors) - 8 to ATL
Eddie Brown (San Diego Tribune) - 10 to NYJ
Sayre Bedinger (NFL Spin Zone) - 7 to NYG
Pete Prisco (CBS) - 7 to NYG
Dan Servodidio (Fantasy Alarm) - 13 to HOU
Michael Middlehurst-Schwartz (USA Today) - 13 to HOU
Charles Davis (NFL) - 7 to NYJ
Walter Cherpinsky (Walter Football) - 8 to ATL
Charlie Campbell (Walter Football) - 8 to ATL
Doug Farrar (Touchdown Wire) - 16 to NYG in trade down
PFF Staff - 9 to SEA
Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) - 13 to HOU
Shane Hallam (Draft Countdown) - 4 to NYJ
Ryan Wilson (CBS) - 14 to BAL
Zack Patraw (Sports Illustrated) - 19 to PHI
Drew Boylhart (The Huddle Report) - 4 to NYJ
Robby Esch (The Huddle Report) - 5 to NYG
Forrest Long (The Huddle Report) - 13 to HOU
Lance Zierlein (NFL) - 7 to NYG
Dane Brugler - 11th overall prospect
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.