View Single Post
Old 03-23-2022, 03:20 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargem View Post
Clearly Bart reads our posts, Crow

The lounge thread is moving faster than I can read it, pretty much. Curious to hear the non crybaby thoughts.

When you say you're not dissappointed above, did you mean in the compensation for Tyreek or in how close your estimate was?

For me, its a tiny bit dissappointing to not get that real high 1 like I hoped for, but its a pretty good haul of picks to work with, I never would have thought 6 picks was possible.

My thought process on a trade like this was always that Hill's production was reproducable, but I think you need to add a veteran free agent WR - I wish this was done sooner so there were more options. You probably want 4 above average weapons to work with, and you have 2 currently (I am calling Juju above average). One in the draft, one signed to a multi year deal now to make 4 and I am pretty happy with the offenses potential still.

Who would you add, of the WRs available?
I'm not disappointed in what the Chiefs received as compensation. I think it's a fairly reasonable deal.

Good on you, by the way, to have brought this up. I can't say I would have fathomed the possibility if not recalling what you wrote up and thinking about it with the pending contract and value of WRs getting so high.

I think KC has to add another vet in free agency. I don't know if that guy needs to be starter material but I'd highly prefer it. That said, there are not many options out there screaming at me. If I had a preference, it'd be Will Fuller. I remember him calling out the Chiefs to draft him. I think he'd be a nice piece that could man the Z and keep Mecole in the slot. I wouldn't mind Odell on a 1-year deal either.

I still like some other guys out there but I see them more as depth plays. Tre'Quan Smith is one.

I don't know if I'd give much up in a trade for anyone out there. A future 5th for Laviska Shenault? Sure. Maybe our late 4th, certainly not 121.

As for the draft, I'd probably look hard at the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round guys and take 2. Not sure I'd look at anyone in the 1st unless Olave fell within a decent striking range. If KC moves up though, I'd rather it be for an edge guy.

Might put a mock together later just for fun.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote