View Single Post
Old 03-16-2022, 01:10 PM   #265
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Not saying they won't do a trade with a big piece in it, but top 100 prospects barely exchange hands these days, even if the player the other team is getting is Mookie freaking Betts.

I'd be surprised to see Melendez or Pratto exchanged for 2 years of Montas. Pasquatino is about the highest price I could see paid.

And I would think it is more likely KC deals from its farm's deepest pools - MI and P - before hitting its position prospect pool.
IF the Royals were to acquire Montas from the A's, I just can't see any way that deal gets done w/o including one of those two (likely Vinnie), since we know how Dayton feels about defense at 1B.

And 2 years of Montas is still better than anything the Royals have on this starting staff right NOW. Obviously, they have more talented pitchers that may take the 'next step', but until they do that . . . . .
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.