View Single Post
Old 03-15-2022, 03:04 PM   #227
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson8 View Post
The place I wanted the Royals to spend a little money this year is with their relief pitchers. Just a couple of pitchers to add some strength to that group. I like Scott Barlow, Josh Staumont, and Jake Brentz. I am also hopeful for Dylan Coleman, Ronald Bolanos, and Joel Payamps and want to see what they can do this year.

They were on the decline as pitchers, but we lost a lot of senior leadership with Greg Holland, Wade Davis, Danny Duffy, and even Kyle Zimmer was a veteran compared to some of these young guys.

I don't know if it would be good or bad, but I did think that KC would bring back Duffy when he has recovered.

KC signed back Richard Lovelady to a minor league contract, so we will maybe see him in the bull pen at some time.

I thought maybe Trevor Rosenthal, if he has recovered, might be another target.

I read that we signed Brad Peacock to a minor league deal, but I am afraid that ship has sailed.

Kenley Jansen is 34 and has a 2.3 WAR but he is probably too expensive for KC.

Any thoughts? Does KC need relief help or will the starters that don't get to start, be our relief pitchers?

Dick Lovelady had tommy john last fall. I think Rosethal is hurt or recovering too. We have quite a few arms penciled in with Staumont, Berentz, Coleman, tapia etc... I think they might dumpster dive in the next couple of weeks for a veteran arm - but not of Jensen's ilk.
nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.