Thread: Movies and TV Must Watch Series
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2022, 09:12 PM   #1597
Supporter

Caught S5 of The Last Kingdom.

I rewatched the series because I forgot what happened. On the rewatch, it was a lot better than I remembered. I distinctly remember being put off by some of the dialogue and the acting of the lead actor. It wasn't at all like I remembered. In fact, I thought the acting was really good and there was some really good dialogue. I'm guessing I was put off by his accent, which was dumb in my part.

There wasn't much that I didn't like on the rewatch. Beocca was my guy. I loved that dude. Finan was awesome in every scene. Sihtric and Osferth was really good too. Pyrlig banter was great also.

Looking objectively, Aldhelm was really the only guy making even decent decisions. That's just a sidenote, but he's really the only politician worth following. Save, maybe Aethylflead. But she does a bunch of dumb shit too. I found myself glad that dude made it to the end.

I laughed for a week when Uhtred let Sihtric shack up with a chick.

"Thank you Lord! I will name my first child Uhtred!"

"You will NOT."

"Right. I will not."

If this is the end of the series, I'm glad I binged the whole thing. There is a lot of connective tissue and continuity that gets lost in the time between seasons that I thought I was getting, but I apparently was not. It really is a lot better show than I gave it credit for.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.