View Single Post
Old 02-28-2022, 05:47 PM   #356
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
It's funny you mention it because I just told someone the other day I wish they would do away with the damn 3 point line or extend it out so far it's becomes less valued than the 2. I have do doubt guys of yester year could have become great 3 point shooters but back then it just wasn't the way the game was played. I would whole heartily welcome 7 foot back to the basket shot blocking post guys over the shit product out there now. I miss the days of balanced physical basketball. **** the euro shit.
Absolutely. In Jordan's days, shooting many threes was not part of the game. Even Reggie Miller wasn't expected to attempt 10 or 15 threes in one game. It would have been considered selfish. Jordan was a good (not great) three point shooter for his era. In today's era, he'd be a better outside shooter like current greats.

At the same time, he'd be softer mentally and physically, like most of today's superstars. He wouldn't be used to hard fouls like those received from the Bad Boys or Knicks. Even though he could attack the rim at will with no hand checking or shot blockers (or bruisers) in the paint, he'd likely settle for more threes. That's how I envision a young Jordan would look in today's NBA, assuming he's coming up in today's era and trained in today's style (as opposed to transporting prime Jordan via time machine to today's era). The time machine transported Jordan would indeed average 40 to 50 in today's game. No shot blockers, no hand checking allowed, equals him getting to the paint at will. Something he did even in a physical era where guys could tackle him at the rim. He was scoring 30 per game when most teams were lucky to hit 100 (and with less 3 point shots).

Last edited by Gary Cooper; 02-28-2022 at 05:53 PM..
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote