View Single Post
Old 02-25-2022, 08:57 AM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
That looks OK-ish.

Question:

Did you consider making Calvin Ridley the player coming back instead of Jones?

That would make sense to me and would make the deal a lot more palatable. Also leaves you with more cap space this year and probably allows aiming higher at DE/free agents.

Take the money from Gallup and Green and plop it on one DE, and I think we like the result.

Second question:

You're picking 8th and Karlaftis and Ojabo are both available. Who do you take?
I didn't really consider Ridley. 1) I'm concerned about long-term availability given last year's sabbatical. 2) Deion Jones is an elite coverage player at LB that can line up against anyone and instantly transforms a defense.

The only real concern would be Atlanta being willing to let Jones go, especially with Oluokun being a free agent they can't afford.

In part 2, I'd be most inclined to go Ojabo. I guess it depends on what else I had for DEs. That said, I'm not all that concerned with run defending DEs as much as I am guys that can get to the QB in today's NFL.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.