View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 03:50 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Report is right now that Adams is going to want $30 million a season. Not to say that he's going to get it but if Adams signs before Hill (and why would Hill do that), he could end up wanting close to that.
If I were Veach and looking at future cap implications, I'd have serious reservations about paying that type of money.

I get it, you need playmakers but the question for me is to what extent?

The Patriots won a lot of football games, and SBs, with a couple of $5m per WRs and a HOF caliber TE to go with a HOF QB.

The Chiefs have the QB and TE.

Now, maybe those $5m per guys are now $10m per guys but the theory remains.

Do you drop 30m per on a single WR or do you get a couple of guys like Chark and Kirk for $10-12 per instead?

Then we have the situation where a lot of guys around here want to keep a $30m receiver and then add a $20m+ #2.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.