View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 12:33 PM   #25
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
No thank you. I'd be more open to trading Chris Jones who underwhelms but still has some juice in the national spotlight.
Jones doesn't have a contract you can trade. The original discussion came about because Hill was the only one with a viable contract that could be traded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Part I

The Falcons offer you the 8th overall pick and their 3rd round pick #74.

You pretend your Bart and field the call. Do you accept the trade and save $18 million on the cap this year, thus rolling the dice by needing both a #1 and #2 receiver, or do you decline and force your hand to pay this guy at least another 90 million (and likely more) over the next 4 years?

I stick with Tyreek.

Part II

The Falcons are gun shy and don't want to give up the #8 overall but the Eagles call offering 15 and 83 because they think Hill puts them over the top. Would you still do the deal if you'd do it for #8 or would you back out?

I stick with Tyreek.

Part III

If you still haven't said no freakin' way, at what point do you say no?

I'd probably take Jamarr Chase in exchange for Hill. That's about as far as I'd go, though.
The Jets offer you 4 and 10 for him?

I'd take Chase for Hill as well I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I'm not trading HOF players while they're right in the middle of their prime. I don't care what the return is.

This is just stupid.
Megatron is a hall of famer, he stayed with one team, didn't lead to any success for them. Thinking the team as a whole CAN'T be better regardless of the return is whats "just stupid". There has to be a point where if you get enough back, its better to trade Hill. The question is just how much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Hopkins is at $27.5 million per year (average). How far above that are you good with?

I don't have any other motives....just wondering.
That's a weird contract, the extension was 2 years at 27.5 per but they don't kick in for another 2 years, so its hard to tell if thats the benchmark for any new deals now or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
What about a trade with SF where they get Reek and our first, and we get Deebo and Fred Warner?
These kinds of trades are generally stupid. Not saying you're stupid, you seem nice.

Warner is on a 100m contract, Deebo is on the last year of his rookie deal next year. You're not getting cheaper or better really by doing this. Hence stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
Hill is amazing.

He's 27 years old and on a hall of fame pace.

He's a freak, works his ass off at improving his craft. I don't see him slowing down anytime soon. Want to give him a 5 year contract, I'm game. Want to play some games and sign him to a 7 year deal (I know unheard of these days) go ahead, because I think he will be a very productive player well into his 30s.

You just don't find dudes like him.
I'd say he's probably the best receiver in the league, but that doesn't mean his production can't be replaced. Sounds like you think he's worth more than Crow's Falcon's offer, but surely there must be a trade you would make? We're just discussing what he is worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP View Post
An elite deep threat opens up any offense.

You don't trade those guys. They are rare animals.
As I said above, I think his production could be replaced. Lets say he wants 29m average per year, and you could get Godwin and A Robinson for the same average in total, and you spend that number 8 overall pick on WR too. Is the offense better with Hill, or Godwin, Robinson and Burks? in 2022? in 2023? in 2024?

You can also look at it from the team perspective. the Chiefs were 3rd overall on offensive DVOA and 23rd in defensive DVOA. I think that the Chiefs offense would drop in these rankings if you traded Hill and then spent 20-30m avg per year on receivers to replace him, but how much better could the defense get with those resources from Atlanta?
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli