View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 03:06 AM   #1049
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler View Post
Andy is what his record says he is. 8 title games. 3 SB appearances. 1 SB win.

To get to this particular destinaton, you lose 5/8 title games and you lose 2/3 Superbowls. Thats piss poor display of siezing the opportunity.

It certainly begs the question.

Which is worse, to get to the big one and lose, or to not get there at all?

Reid has had more title games than a lot of coaches. The problem is that its not enough to get there.

Losses are always criticized far more than wins are lauded.

Even with his SB win, Reids legacy will be that of a man who just couldn't close the deal in the biggest games, and owns 3 NFL Top Five playoff collapses.

I don't see it that way and he is still coaching so he still has opportunity to win a couple more Super Bowls he is 63 yo so he has some time if his health holds up. But even if he doesn't win another Super Bowl he did close the deal in the biggest game and we came back from 20 to 10 to close the deal. To me SB LIV is a big deal and I will celebrate that day and going to that parade party with my daughter would not have happened without Andy Reid. I don't know any other coach that would have turn around the abysmal team and we had the Sea of Black and Andy Reid brought back the Sea of Red.

We went from a 2 & 14 team to start winning the division then winning a playoff game with Alex Smith then going to overtime AFCCGame only a off sides and a flip of a coin kept us from going to Super Bowl LIII Patrick never got the ball in his hands second half but the very next year every playoff game we came back from behind to win and won SB LIV then came back to SB LV with depleted OL but this season was the biggest growing pains this team has had to endure and that will propel us and make Patrick a better quarterback because he has all offseason to think get back his mojo.

This is all why I appreciate Andy Reid he lets his players be themselves and look at the number of playoff victories Andy Reid has and with Patrick we will win a lot more. Maybe I'm just still flying high over SB LIV but we did it and we can do it again.

If you hang out at a barber shop long enough you may get a haircut. Same if you keep going to Championship games you may win a few still hurts to lose and it should hurt to lose but that builds character to go back. Andy Reid has a lot of character in him.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.