View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 02:28 AM   #1046
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler View Post
Andy is what his record says he is. 8 title games. 3 SB appearances. 1 SB win.

To get to this particular destinaton, you lose 5/8 title games and you lose 2/3 Superbowls. Thats piss poor display of siezing the opportunity.

It certainly begs the question.

Which is worse, to get to the big one and lose, or to not get there at all?

Reid has had more title games than a lot of coaches. The problem is that its not enough to get there.

Losses are always criticized far more than wins are lauded.

Even with his SB win, Reids legacy will be that of a man who just couldn't close the deal in the biggest games, and owns 3 NFL Top Five playoff collapses.

Sean Payton just retired from football or walking away for now he has one Super Bowl but lost quite a few playoff games with Drew Brees mole. Somehow you've got to give Andy Reid credit for dedication to what he is passionate about coaching and if his legacy is about losing a bunch of AFC and NFC championship games and two Super Bowl losses that's quite a shame because he has won as shit ton of games and division titles to compete for the opportunity to go to the Super Bowl but he keeps knocking on the door year after year and we blew the door down twice already with Patrick Mahomes and we will keep going back to that AFCCgame and knock it down again. I know it was a debacle of a second half we had them up against the ropes in the first half but when we went for the knock out the Bengals dodged it and fought back in the second half out coached Andy Reid and made Patrick look foolish on the field because he somehow lost confidence in himself then turned around and tried scrambling but the Bengals got to him because they knew what he was going to do.

I know I'm writing a lot of words but how many coaches get that many opportunities to coach the conferance championships? Marty Schottenheimer was fired after going 14-2 but lost in the playoffs wasn't good enough for the Chargers. How many coaches blow it before the conference championships just one and done and then their team doesn't make it back and coach gets fired. Coaches get fired all the time but Andy Reid has done remarkable in a Not For Long league if you aren't winning you don't get to keep your job.

Seizing the opportunity John Elway lost 5 well lost isn't the right word got crushed in 5 Super Bowls he got his ass kicked but he won two so his legacy is winning two Super Bowls not losing 5. As Chiefs fans we don't look at it the same way. Broncos & Raiders flaunt that they have 3 Super Bowls we only have two. Well we are about to get a few more than that with Patrick and Andy is just going have to make adjustments during game and hope our next OC can help in that department.

If your kid falls off the bike 5 times but gets back on it and rides around the block then falls again but gets back up and rides around the block a couple more times . That's 6 fails to two wins would you be happy as a Dad that the kid learned how to ride the bike or be ashamed he fell 6 times? Kinda the same thing just adults playing and coaching a game If your son playing quarterback wins a state championship as a Junior then Senior year loses the State game after being up at half time but debacles the second half and loses. Wouldn't you still be like man you did good and be supportive win or loss.

I never stopped rooting for the Chiefs when it got ugly I went to the game at Arrowhead we lost to ****ing Jemarcus Russell and he only completed three passes and Herman****ingtwitball Edwards ran the wild cat. We lost by a field goal. That was the lowest point ever so I thought then Pioli and Cassell happened and we ran Pioli out of town and came in Andy Reid. He may fall off his bike in championship games or as we seen Patrick fall of his bike but come next season they will ride right back to the Championship game together and if we are healthy win another Super Bowl but if we don't we will still be in contention every year because we have a phenomenal quarterback and teammates that get gritty they came back from deficits now they know how that feels so about Andy Reid he has tought them to fight adversity and move on that's all we can do and that's why I appreciate Andy Reid is because win or lose he keeps coming back and gives his teams opportunities to win the big games but it's up to the players to execute and not fold.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.