Thread: Movies and TV Must Watch Series
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 08:59 AM   #1496
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerinMo View Post
The Righteous Gemstones continues to be another Danny McBride/Jody Hill masterpiece. After watching this weeks episode I’m pretty sure McBride was inspired by Rising Sun 1993 with Sean Connery/Wesley Snipes.
Someone involved with that show is a musical and cultural SAVANTE. Capturing moods and eras with just the right touches and choices without being satirical or snarky. . . I mean a totally Xmas morning appropriate . . . Marlboro Miles SWEATSHIRT fer chrissakes?!?!? Genius

And whomever cast the younger versions of the Gemstone clan knocked it out of the effing PARK!! It almost seems like a spinoff of just the teens showing how the adults came to be how they are would work in it's own right.

EDIT - for those who skipped the credits, you missed an awesome credit music song [part of why I made the musical savante remark above], leaving it here for posterity . . . It's been in my head ALL WEEK.

Spoiler!

Last edited by Baby Lee; 02-04-2022 at 04:32 PM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote