Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 03:25 PM   #431
Supporter

Being a bee keeper is a lot like being a Chiefs fan...

Today was unseasonably warm, so I snuck off to do quick winter hive checks. I've got 5 dead so far and it's not even really the killing season for another month.

That said, changes are coming. Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I put in a new building for processing honey and bottling and have been working on that at night. I also am finalizing a deal to buy out another producer who has 4x my total sales. Might as well dig until I get to china at this point.

I am going to have some new products though. This year I'm going to start making creamed honey(3-4 flavors) and I'm going to have wax equipment for candle making and chap stick and stuff like that from bees wax.

Hope the rest of you have decent winter survival and mine doesn't get too much worse. I'm going to need to make a lot more honey. This season I think I'll need to be closer to 30 hives, which is a lot of damn work if I'm going to try to keep wild catching them instead of buying.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.