View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 11:32 AM   #1037
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
Yep. Pat shares the majority of the blame, but it's not quite 80% imo. This was a full team collapse. From Jones not finishing on his sacks, to Andy's playcalling, to Hill and Kelce not pulling in tough catches they were capable of pulling in. Truth be told a lot of people on this team had a chance to make the play that could have won it for us, but in the end -- they didn't.

In regards to Andy, you can't look at the scheme the Bengals were running and it least try a drive made up of runs in a power formation. Andy's playcall at the end of the half, while on Pat's shoulders to throw it away, also deserves scrutiny (and he's admitted as much).

You can only blow so many 18 point playoff leads before some of the blame gets tagged to you.

Still wouldn't trade him for the world, tho
It was like the Colts loss in Indy or the Titans loss in Arrowhead.

Both games were games where about a half-dozen guys had opportunities to make plays - not terribly difficult ones at that - that would've salvaged a mess and allowed us to survive it.

And none of them did. Be it Jones or Hill or Kelce failing to make doable plays. Or Clark getting shut-out or Bolton falling victim in space or Mathieu being largely a non-factor. Be it Mahomes falling on his face on a bunch of different 3rd down plays that could've kept us afloat or Andy not changing the playcalls enough to keep us out of those situations.

It's arguably the worst loss of my lifetime because it was just so inexplicable. So many things had to fall apart simultaneously and all of them did.

This is a bad beat. This should hurt everyone involved for quite some time. I don't want any slogans next season. I don't want any 'tours' or predictions of 17-0. I want a team that takes a long, cold, sober look in the mirror and comes back ready to focus and win a championship.

Because for all the talk of the 'unprecedented feat' of hosting 4 straight Conference Championships - we have one Lombardi to show for it. And really I think we had the best team in the league 3 of those seasons. At a point this team needs to stop thinking 'dynasty' and start thinking 'lets not be the Packers or the Seahawks, fellas...'

And that's just going to take a back to the basics approach. They're going to have to prove themselves all over again and they need to approach everything they do over the coming months with just such a mindset.

Y'all ain't the bullies in the schoolyard anymore. You just got punched in the mouth and knocked the **** out. Conduct yourselves accordingly.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote