View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 10:50 AM   #1006
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Andy Reid is the best coach in Chiefs history. I know Stram is an all-time great but with his history in Philly and what he's done in KC, Andy just has more "feathers" in his cap.

And right now, he's easily top 2-3 in terms of active NFL coaches. I'd put him right up there with Bill.
I know that I got crushed for saying this before, but what Marty did for the franchise was more impressive than what Reid has done.

Yes, I know we have been to 2 Super Bowls, but we were not that far removed from winning seasons when Reid got here. Marty rebuilt a franchise that had nearly two and a half decades of being one of the historic bottom feeders the NFL had ever seen.

Also, Reid worked with an owner who was not afraid to draft a 1st round QB. Lamar, was scared to death of either whiffing again, and Carl was absolutely against hitching his employment and reputation to a possible 1st round bust.

Carl gave Marty QBs like Steve DeBerg, Dave Krieg, Steve Bono, and Elvis Grbac. The ONE TIME that Carl gave Marty a legitimate top tier QB, he went to the AFC Championship game. And that QB was clearly at the diminished abilities stage of his career, and had battled injuries for several seasons.

Overall, Reid is a better NFL head coach than Marty, considering his history with Philly and KC, but Marty gets saddled with the playoff losses that were often equally Carl Peterson's fault, like when Carl didn't pay Lowery so he could pocket a bonus, and his cheap kicker missed 3 MFing field goals.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote