View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 01:36 PM   #4
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
I have to say I disagree. I think there are and will be markets for both. There are so many incredible titles constantly being released and in the pipeline. My library is getting bigger and bigger with "must plays" and I can't even keep up.

PC gaming has never been more popular. People gobble up all of the PS5s and Series X as soon as they get on the shelves.

M$, as shitty as they can get, have actually historically been the pioneers of fostering strong indie games since the late 360 days.
Well, we're probably at the pinnacle of AAA gaming right now so I'm sure you feel like things are going great. I wasn't talking so much about the state of gaming now as the future of it. Gaming right now is better than it's ever been but it's also reaching a point where it might not be sustainable.

Just look at what was going on at Activision Blizzard prior to the acquisition, or CD Projekt Red, or any number of acclaimed AAA studios that have been inundated with accusations of long hours, harsh treatment, and even illegal activity. All of that happens because you're trying to develop a game that requires THOUSANDS of people with hundreds of people instead. A good indie game, especially on mobile, can be done by one or two people.

Eventually your catalog will dwindle as companies continue to evolve mechanisms for generating revenue IN-game as opposed to WITH games. It's already happening to some degree, you just haven't seen it encroach on your favorite games yet.

Just wait a couple of years when Madden goes GAAS, it's coming.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote