View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 01:19 PM   #2
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
Let me just say this though: Gamepass (from Microsoft) is bar none the sickest deal ever in the history of gaming. Absolutely nothing comes close to the value proposition of what it offers. They have effectively become the Netflix of gaming. The bad side of this hasn't occurred yet, namely what happens when Microsoft goes the way of Netflix by incentivizing studios to output quantity over quality. We aren't there yet, but few years down the line, this conversation will come up whwn independents and intermediate companies can't match this kind of deal, and get absorbed into Gamepass or dissolve.
AAA games cost piles of money to develop and usually require high-end hardware to run. While I think we'll still see plenty of AAA games on Netflix and Stadia, the bulk of the games will be simpler and lower quality, kind of like mobile gaming platforms today.

The AAA games will still be the major selling point (and the focus of advertising) but it's the smaller cheap games that will form the bulk of the catalog.

It's a pretty weird time to be a gamer. We have more powerful gaming systems than ever, with the capability to create REALLY immersive experiences yet the gaming landscape seems to be moving towards commoditization, where games have replaced reading the newspaper as something to occupy your eyes while you're drinking your morning coffee.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.