Thread: Movies and TV AVATAR 2
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 01:48 PM   #83
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

For anybody who thinks mocking Avatar became fashionable years later, here's the first thing I posted about it after returning from the theater back in 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Just got back from watching Dances with the Last Blue Braveheart Alien Samurai-er.... I mean, Avatar.

I divide this film into the first third and the last two-thirds.

The first third was visionary, magnificent, wide-eyed wonder the likes of which I haven't seen since the first time I saw Star Wars back in 1977. The special effects are every bit as next-level as I was led to believe.

But the last two-thirds of this movie was ABSOLUTELY COMPLETELY PREDICTABLE poor noble savages v. evile white douchebags story we've seen time and time again. There's no need to hide this in a spoiler, because if you've seen Dances With Wolves, and The Last Samurai, and Braveheart, you've all ready seen Avatar. Hell, Cameron even rips himself off with healthy doses of Alien (apparently Jeanette Goldstein is now too old to play the Jeanette Goldstein role, so Michelle Rodriquez has stepped in).

Seriously, I could have written the script as I went along. I knew everything that was coming. EVERYTHING. Either I'm a psychic genious, or this was the most unoriginal story put to film in years.

To tie such breathtaking FX with such a lame been there/done that story, seriously, it's damn near criminal.

**** you Cameron.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote