View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 08:07 AM   #2944
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Mine came out decent too but pretty damn spicy! I loved it but my wife would prefer less spice. I used a generic KC BBQ rub and it must have some heat in there. I used just hickory wood and the smokey flavor was on point.

If I had to change one thing it would be to cube the pieces smaller at the end so some could become softer. Some pieces with marbling were melt in your mouth tender while pieces away from fat were more like steak tips that still required chewing, although tasty.

My sauce at the end that was killer was 1 cup BBQ sauce, 1.5 Tbsp honey, 1.5 Tbsp brown sugar and 4 oz beef broth. I pulled after an hour cooking with the sauce but I'll definitely shoot for 1.5 hours next time.

Definitely worth my time doing though. Thanks guys!
That's awesome. And the idea of adding apple jelly into the glaze that I was referring to came from that same dude's video for making pork belly burnt ends.

Good stuff man... And totally agree, this might become my go-to dish. It's NOT brisket, but it doesn't have to be, it just has to be this good.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.