View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 02:05 PM   #57791
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Had our first live experience with a Covidiot last week.

My wife works at an elementary school so got her initial shots really early. She had been putting off the booster because she didn't want to deal with any side effects while busy with school and getting ready for Christmas. She finally decided the end of Christmas break was a good time to get it done so made an appointment Friday morning.

Unfortunately, Walmart is the only place locally that you can get in in a timely manner. She had gotten her shot and we were sitting in the little waiting area, waiting for her 15 minute wait to expire, when this older lady (with her mask under her chin) stopped her cart right in front of us and asked my wife "Are you waiting for your shot?"

My wife said "No, I just got it. I'm waiting the 15 minute wait they make you do".

The lady then said "On no. Whatever you do, don't get the second shot".

My wife, looking like a deer in the headlights, replied to that with "Ummm. Okay?"

The lady must have seen me rolling my eyes because she then said "Well, everyone has their beliefs, but you shouldn't get it" and then walked off.

I guess what's shocking to me is the hubris of someone thinking their Facebook Medical Degree is good enough to dispense medical advice to complete strangers. Did she think we were going to jump up and say "Thank you! You saved us!" or something? We thought she was a nut but if someone were really on the fence, something like that could push them to side of not getting vaxxed. Pretty irresponsible, imo.

My dad has some serious health issues (heart disease and T2 diabetes) and he's always ranting about the amount of unsolicited health advice he gets from people. It's the first time I've seen it in the wild, though (except for my boss' wife who blames every time I get sick on the Diet Pepsi I drink sometimes and not on the fact my wife works in a plague factory).
The old ladies here will tell you the same but it's not because they were skeptical of the science, it's because the second shot made them feel like the casket was coming. None of my grandmother's peers are getting a booster of any kind. It's not just a no, its a hell no.

Watching a bunch of nearly 90 year old women go from "I want you to go get the shot, you have a lot to live for" to "**** that thing, it almost killed me, I'll just risk death" has been hilarious.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote