Thread: Movies and TV Netflix: The Witcher
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 01:25 PM   #202
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
I have mentioned this before. I have tried, literally 5 or 6 times to play this game and just cant get far. On its face its incredible, awesome story, beautiful vistas, open world, MODS and cool gameplay elements.

Ultimately, the combat system feels like doo doo , If this game had something in combat like say Shadows of War, Assassins' Creed (which it clearly tries to emulate, albeit the CDPR version) etc, if they could have pulled that off, this game would be up there with Skyrim as a top PC RPG of all time.

Irritates me every time I see it brought up, because I want to love it!
I understand. I quit the first game in frustration but eventually went back to it. Quit the second game in frustration and never went back to it. And while I did have more than a few **** THIS moments with the third, I stuck with it.

Admittedly, the combat system is a bit clunky and convoluted. One of the key things you need to do is dodge/roll, early and often. Stand still in Witcher 3 and you're toast, especially against multiple enemies. I always build up my fast attack and igni skills first, followed by blade oils. Burn/strike/dodge. And if you see the red death emblem above an opponent, RUN. Go back and get them later when you're built up. Wraiths are especially troublesome early on. Can't be hurt unless you've cast yrden and they're within the spell radius. That's obnoxious.

Also, make sure you're using the correct sword when you fight.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote