View Single Post
Old 12-28-2021, 08:27 AM   #966
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinsneu View Post
About the officiating in the Super Bowl. I sorted the calls out into three categories

BAD

I thought the holding call on the interception was garbage. When you look at the replay, it seems like legal coverage. He is maintaining contact with the receiver, then he releases the receiver after he exits the five yard zone. When he puts his arms around the receiver again, Brady has released the football, meaning holding is not a penalty anymore. The pass being tipped negates PI. That interception should have stood.

IFFY

The first defensive holding call was suspect. He does grab him, but the receiver slips and this hold in no way causes the receiver to slip. I've seen similar grabbing not called.

I NEED RULE CLARIFICATION ON

The PI down the sideline, I am not sure about. The receiver and the defender get their feet tangled. This causes the defender to fall. This fall causes him to land on the receiver's legs, in turn causing him to fall. Is this a penalty? Or is it incidental tripping?

The last PI is unquestionably PI. He is cutting the receiver off without playing the ball. Is this pass catchable. In theory, yes. Mike Evans is very tall and has a high vertical leap. I don't see how he can do it unless, he jumps and spears the ball with one hands, which is almost impossible, but technically possible. Does this mean the ball was catchable.
The bottom line is that if they want to make the game fair the standard for what is and isn't holding needs to be the same for O-linemen as it is for DBs. We all know how to parrot the phrase "there's a hold on every play" when it suites your team's needs, but it's not about that all all, its about the standard being the same.

I know, I know, how would that aid in the NFL having more scoring?!?!?!?!
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.