View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 08:39 PM   #6570
Herm is the worst...horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets View Post
I don't watch basketball at all or know any 76ers fans, and I know who Embiid is.
That may be true...but I fit your profile and have no clue who Embiid is and have nearly no friends or work acquaintances that talk about the NBA. The local news makes a big to-do about the Mavs...but I just don't know many people that wear Mavs gear, etc. Plenty of Cowgirl and Rangers gear. I know it's a popular take to think the NBA is about to overtake MLB, but people have been trying to bury MLB for years - first with Soccer (ha!) and now with the NBA. MLB has not been top dog for quite a while...but it's firmly #2. With as many games as they play each year, it's really astonishing how many people attend per night for any given team.

MLB's meta-problem has always been the same in terms of common sense solutions for improving the game - individual teams are far more important to the owners than the MLB brand. In other sports, there's significantly more loyalty to their sport/league.
dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.