View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 04:45 PM   #6542
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_buster2 View Post
2 things I would like to see this off-season. While teams are spending on free agents, I would love to see a big contract for Witt JR. Spend on our own talent. Two, trade Gallagher. I like him, but the catcher market is thin. Plus, it opens a spot up for MJ at the big league level. Heck the Marlins just traded for Jacob Stallings.
The Wander Franco deal would be a rough framework for that. I'm pretty sure Witt is going to be the #1 prospect on a few sites (Baseball Prospectus for one - they hinted at it in the Royals prospect report released today), which is not the same as being the #1 guy 3 years in a row like Franco was or debuting with the level of success Franco did, but it gets you close.

10 years, $175M for Witt? Would he even sign it? Most players that sign that huge early deal that covers all their arb AND some FA years are guys in rough financial shape to begin with.

I suspect BWJ's family is not in 3rd-world country poor status like Franco's was...
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.