Thread: Food and Drink The Best Slice
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 10:10 PM   #120
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
I didn't read through the whole thread but Pizza Shoppe pizza which originated in the Northland is the best. I don't know if the style is Chicago or what.

I had Danny (owner) make a pizza, not cooked, put in a cooler with dry ice and took it out to the Grand Canyon when I visited a friend. We took pics and they are on his wall in Platte Woods.

He gave me a few of his "seasoned" pans. He stated "It is the crust and the pans that make a difference". He also gave me a pizza recipe which I have used. They turned out quite good, but not as good as his. I don't have the equipment.
I learned something new today. I thought for sure the original location was in Olathe off of K7 and Santa Fe. I went there as a child in the early 80s, and then again, just a few years ago. It still looks the same after 40 years!

Good pizza then, and now. Gimme a Butcher Block and a side salad with pink stuff for the win.
stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.