Thread: Food and Drink The Best Slice
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 08:42 PM   #107
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBone View Post
I think it's interesting that both you and Bearcat mentioned beer places amongst your favorite pizza spots. Two of the best pizza places I've visited down here are also beer spots, Pinthouse pizza in Austin and Crying Eagle Brewery in Lake Charles.

Pinthouse pizza has become a mandatory visit for me every summer when I'm home to Texas. The beer is fine. It's not gonna blow you away, but it's above average, for sure. The pizza, though. Man. I grab the same two pies every time I go.

Banh Mi Pizza:

Crème fraîche, house cheese blend, local sausage, jalapeños, pickled onions and carrots, cucumbers, cilantro, Sriracha.

The Armadillo:

Extra virgin olive oil, house cheese blend, local artisan sausage, poblano peppers, ricotta cheese, and cilantro.
Another beer place with good pizza is Fate in Phoenix... they have an Awesome Sausage that's pretty simple and very good, as well as one with bacon, sausage, and pepperoni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Kelso's has a special place in my heart. Owned by Wild Bill Kelso of the KC A's. His first went in by the old Antioch Center SE corner of Chouteau and Vivion Rd. It was his best spot when he moved into Metro North Mall it was always so busy that vegis on the pizza never got done always crunch and cold. Then he opened in NKC at NE corner of Armour and Swift same problem. Bill Kelso sponsored lots of Little League Baseball including our team. Always free pizza after the game. We would go to Kings games as we got older get Pizza and shoot the shit with Bill and he would serve us pitchers of beer. It was good pizza.

The Pizza by the slice place in Antioch center was awesome to but can't remember the name.
Went to Kelso's in NKC several times... it was one of those places that didn't often come to mind when wanting to go out to eat, but very good though.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.