View Single Post
Old 11-26-2021, 10:45 PM   #2405
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post
My dad has only seen a few pheasant the past two weeks. He and I saw a hen run into some milo stubble today and that is it. My uncle used to combine for a family out in Healy and all year round they said they saw them every where. What we’ve heard from all over is that opening day hit and the suckers just disappeared. We just checked into a hotel in Hays and are going to hunt some areas he scooped out earlier in between here and Healy. Though an old boy here at the hotel coming from Colby said they are all over out there. Said they have signs on the hotel rooms saying not to clean the birds in the rooms. Of course, those signs could have been there for some time and not indicative of this season.

Otherwise, it’s been a covey of quail here and there.
There are some, not a ton out here. (I’m south and west of Healy 30 miles)

The only ones I’ve seen where in stripped wheat stubble and they’ll be hard to get out. Probably OK if you have a good dog, but not a ton.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.