View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 05:56 AM   #9
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I just can’t see Spags being happy about letting Clark, Hitchens and Matheiu all go in one offseason.

I think he’s gonna want to keep at least one of em. And that would easily be Matheiu
I think you've struck on the most important piece of the pie here.

As bad as they were the first 7 games, I was in favor of a total gutting and start over. It looked bad, like they weren't playing hard for Spags anymore and defense is a lot about WANT TO.

Since then, Spags has more than saved his job.

I think it's hard to argue that it all depends on the front 4. If they get pressure and are sound in their run gaps, the entire defense looks much better. But I can't see Spags wanting all 3 of his position group leaders gone in one offseason.

Hitch is outclassed by Bolton, that's easy. Clark disappears for entire seasons, is wildly expensive, and has serious off-field issues, that's easy. Mathieu would cost as much as a slightly above average CB. I think depending on the length of the deal, that's the more likely option.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote