Thread: Movies and TV Netflix: Red Notice
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 03:02 AM   #15
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
When the movie is so poorly and lazily written that 2 people have to have the kind of conversation that human beings NEVER have in order to try to establish a back-story and/or plot point, it just takes me out of the movie.

There's nothing worse in a movie than these obvious exposition scenes when they're trying to fill in gaps in a plot.

Any writer worth a single damn will know the old 'show, don't tell' axiom. This movie didn't do that at all. If they didn't have a way to explain why a character would do something or know something, they just gave you a 3-4 minute scene that grinds the movie to a halt where everyone sits there and chats in overly long, overly flowery prose.

If Aaron Sorkin tried to make a heist movie after suffering a series of debilitating strokes and then falling on his head...from a significant height...multiple times - you'd have this movie.

It was honestly one of the more offensively poorly written movies I think I've ever seen.
This is almost exactly what I told my wife afterwards. But, it was some good sound sleep for about an hour.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.