View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 02:06 PM   #478
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I don't think we've heard for sure. I believe that it came out that there were a few guns on a table. The AD grabbed the gun in question, said "cold gun," and handed it to Baldwin for the scene. The details beyond that have yet to be reported, so all we can do is come up with a hypothesis about what happened:

- The crew went out and used the guns to play around with target practice. This is probably a failure on the entire operation for allowing this to happen at all with guns that were going to be used for the film.
- They (presumably) unloaded the guns and put them on the prop table, but at least one round didn't get unloaded. This is probably a failure on the armorer for not quadruple checking that all of the guns were properly unloaded.
- The AD grabbed the gun in question and didn't actually check it before declaring it cold and handing it over. This is an abysmal failure as the last line of defense. Maybe he just looked at the round from the rear and couldn't tell the difference, but regardless I have no idea how anyone could ever say "cold gun" without being absolutely, 100% sure that the gun was indeed cold.

At least that's how it seems like it probably went down to me.
And lastly if I am the actor, I open the action and declare the weapon safe for myself.
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.