View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 09:41 AM   #3
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
We went to two straight SB's and won one of them.

Second guessing all of this now is beyond pointless.

Where do we go from here? Now that's a useful and interesting discussion.
I don't think it's pointless at all. Looking back at how we've operated is a good way to improve efficiency and performance going forward.

One thing I think about is the stories about how ruthless New England was in letting stars walk. They had a couple constants and a lot of revolving doors. While a lot of folks attribute that to making the most out of the salary cap, I think a lot of it also has to do with the trappings of human behavior. Players simply aren't as motivated to climb Mt. Everest again after summitting it the first time.

Veach sold out to maximize a window of opportunity. Now it's time to shift gears and philosophy to extend the run and build a dynasty. That means the way we think about roster construction needs to change.

Looking back to see how we got here is how you build the foundation for making the right changes to extend the run.
ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote