View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 02:24 PM   #3
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I probably didn't state that very well at all.

I think Martyball absolutely gets them in trouble when it comes to letting up and not keeping their foot on the gas. It's one of those things you don't care about when they're still winning (like last season when they were barely beating shit teams), but suddenly matters when they waste drives and end up losing. Let Mahomes do his thing and win games... shit will happen (and sometimes a lot of shit). I just don't think you can keep Mahomes in the pocket and have him hand off every 1st down and call it good.
I'm not advocating total Martyball, just run it more and keep the our D off the field. Force them to bring 8 in the box. Force them to abandon Cover 2. While I'm not saying don't throw a 50 yard bomb when it's there, just don't disregard an 8 yard up and out for a 1st to eat clock. I'm also not advocating taking the foot off the gas. If we're up by 17 in the 4th, keep scoring. Like you said, shit happens and it's happened too many times to us. A 40-burger to the other team's 24 works for me and I don't care if Henry has 3 TDs and 200 yards. That's for fantasy boys to drool about.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.