Thread: Movies and TV Bond 25: No Time To Die
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 09:26 AM   #115
Veteran

So is nobody else here going to see No Time to Die? There seemed to be a lot of enthusiasm for it early in the thread, but it looks like only 3 of us actually watched it.

Next up in my re-watch:

Diamonds Are Forever (1971)

Now I love a good action movie, but I may love a dumb action movie even more than a good one. As long as it's sufficiantly over the top to be entertaining and fun. Movies like Invasion U.S.A. (1985), Stone Cold (1991), and Live Wire (1992). Diamonds are Forever definitely fits into this category.

Who needs a coherent plot when you have Plenty O'Toole? Not to mention Bond strangling a chick with her bikini top, an awesome brawl in an elevator, the bizarro assassins Mr. Kidd and Mr. Wint, Shirley Basey singing the title song, Jill St. John's ever changing (but always revealing) wardrobe, Jimmy Dean the Sausage King of Las Vegas, Bambi and Thumper, a classic Mustang that can go up on two wheels just by having the passengers lean really hard to the right, a faked moon landing, a flaming shish kabob death scene, and Ernst Stavro Blofeld in drag.

"My dear, in 40 years this will get me a Courage Award at the ESPYs."

Last edited by Mennonite; 10-19-2021 at 10:23 AM..
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote