View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 09:55 AM   #346
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Yes, it was. There was just no way in hell the Joker could have engineered all the crap he pulled off. It was ridiculous. Ledger was a decent Joker, but not as good as Nicholson, and the endless ballwashing of the guy was way over the top. Also, this was the beginning of Nolan's incessant need to make the plot of each movie more and more over-the-top convoluted. I absolutely loathe Nolan at this point and have never been shy about saying it. I disliked the next one even more, didn't care for Inception, hated Interstellar, and when he went all artsy-fartsy time jumping in Dunkirk, that was the last straw. You'd have to Clockwork Orange me to get me to watch another one of his ****ing films.

And it all started here.

And also, Maggie Gyllenhaal is uglier than a bulldog's asshole.
Your comment regarding Maggie Gyllenhaal nearly made me spit out my drink And I agree with it too. On top of being an overrated actress, Maggie is not even remotely attractive (butter face at best) and came across as a stuck up snob Katie Holmes was much more likable and of course way more attractive as Rachel Dawes.

Despite all that, I still consider The Dark Knight to be one of my favorite films ever made and also consider it to be a cinematic game changer. I always thought Heath Ledger was an inspiring / good casting choice for the Joker but I didn't think he would be THAT good. It all came down to the creepy / unique voice and I was in awe of Ledger whenever he was on screen (especially the interrogation scene. Well deserved Oscar win by Ledger).

I also give Nolan a pass for the Joker's vague whereabouts and being able to pull off all the shit he did. Its a comic book movie after all. and doesn't need to be totally grounded or realistic.
Also The Dark Knight features one of my favorite endings ever (the closing monologue by Commissioner Gordon gives me goosebumps every time I give it a re watch)

Last edited by sully1983; 10-17-2021 at 10:02 AM..
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.