Thread: Chiefs Josh Gordon to Chiefs
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 02:48 AM   #928
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
I'm not so sure.

Where is this big improvement coming from?

Reed is new, but a vet. It's not like he has anything to learn that would be slowing him down. He's a DT, go get the ball!!

Hughes looked good in preseason but has been getting steadily worse. It's like Defensive players that get coached in KC get worse, not better.

I think Bolton looks good and will improve

I don't see a ton of room other than Bolton.

How much is our defense going to improve without a pass rush? We aren't getting any pass rush unless we move Jones back inside.

Imo we need to move Jones back inside asap for the interior pass rush. It's the only pass rush we have.

I would rather pull Niemann off the field and play with an extra Dlineman than continue with this shit.

Danna, Nnadi, Reed, Okafor,
Jones ^_____^___^

Turn Jones loose to shoot whatever gap he thinks he can get through. Let Nnadi and Reed handle the run. Jones needs to go all-out with the pass rush like he did during his contract year when he got 15 sacks and 29 QB hits. Jones getting pressure and hitting the QB all game will be worth more than anything else we can do.

Go with a 5-2-4

Hitchen,Bolton can split the field. They should be well-protected behind 5 Dlinemen and shouldn't have as much clutter to deal with. Cover their half for the pass, read/react/attack against the run.

Pull Sorenson, go with Sneed,Mathieu,Thornhill,Baker. If there 3-wide receivers, then pull Thornhill and put Hughes out. When Fenton gets healthy he will take Hughes' place. Mathieu plays a single-high.
Nice post, I agree there needs to be a 5-2 set where Jones can rush from the interior with Nnadi and Reed. You didn’t mention Willie Gay returning who I think is going to have a sizable contribution compared to what 56 is currently providing. Hopefully him or Bolton can replace Hitchens on passing down because the dude is getting exposed out there in coverage.

All in all I think there’s enough talent to get the job done and the leadership/mentality is right on the locker room. Trust the staff in the building to get the team right, they’ve earned some leash.
ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote