Thread: Chiefs Josh Gordon to Chiefs
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2021, 08:37 AM   #872
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
People aren't mad at Berry for his last season. Berry came back from Cancer and had 3 good season. 2 under contract, 1 under a tagged contract.

He got pissed because the team didn't offer him as much as he thought he was worth. He got pissed because the team wanted him to take out an insurance policy about future Cancer. He was insulted. Berry went to Reid and got him to go over John Dorsey's head. Clark Hunt flew up to KC and negotiated the contract. Dorsey wanted to keep Houston, Reid kept Berry instead and got Dorsey fired.

Reid/Hunt agreed to a contract with Berry for 6yrs/78m w/40 million guaranteed.

Berry played 3 more games as a chiefs after signing huge contract. He retiring, leaving 8m per year in year in dead money for the next 2 years.

He also made the comment in his last season that seems to sum up his desire to play anymore after getting paid. "I felt like I probably could have come back last week(from heal injury)but I'm hesitant, didn't feel it in my spirit so I just said I'll wait"

That's why the fans are pissed, he fought for a big contract, created a battler between the HC and GM, then quit immediately. Played 3 games for like 40 million dollars.

Let's not just wash over all the other crap that happen. It wasn't just 1 year.
That might fly if he ditched us and went to another team. His sudden disappearance from football makes me think there's something way deeper. I think the injuries ****ed him up mentally just as much as physically.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.