Thread: Chiefs Josh Gordon to Chiefs
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 12:14 PM   #827
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Asshole refused to sign my hat at training camp when I was just a kid.

Nobody else was around. It was his rookie year, before he had done jack ****ing shit in the league. I was just a kid going, "Mr. Gonzalez, could you sign my hat, please?" And the dude thought he was already NFL royalty or some shit.

Asshole gave me a look of contempt like I'm the scum of the earth, turns his back, and walks away.

I've always been cautious about rooting for Gonzalez. I loved all the catches and TDs and big plays he made. But these days I have zero energy for him as a fan, and it all kind of started when he got traded. Deep down, I wanted him to never win a playoff game.

When he's on TV these days and does his, "Geeeeee I don't know I'm loyal to BOTH Atlanta and Kansas City guuuuyyyzzzzz!!" dumb****ery, I have no love for the guy or fond memories.

Honestly, if somebody today said, "Hey, Tony Gonzalez is over there! Want to go talk to him," I'd decline the invitation. Because if I did encounter him, I'd want to kick him square in the nutsack instead of talking to him, and that would probably mean I'd get my ass kicked. So it'd be better if I just turn my back on him the way he turned his back on the kid version of me years ago.

Eat a dick, Tony. I hope October goes nuts and murders you with a kitchen knife.
I dont have any personal interactions with the guy so I can't say anything about him, but I can understand why someone would have a sour taste in their mouth about someone who did that on a personal level.

From where I'm sitting the guy played the majority of his career with a franchise who's best QB during his playing time was a few years with Trent Green. Not including his rookie year when he didnt start a single game, they had 2 seasons where they made the playoffs, losing both games, and only once won the division. The majority of the time the Chiefs were hovering around .500 or just complete dogshit in his last 2 seasons. With all of that said, he still holds the record for the most Pro-bowl selections for a TE, the most catches, the most yards, and 2nd in TDs. He is without a doubt the greatest TE to ever do it. I can't hate the guy for shitting on the franchise when I was doing it along with everyone else. The franchise sucked. They are only just now redeeming themselves for the ****ing decades of shit.

Last edited by jd1020; 10-01-2021 at 12:20 PM..
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote