View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 02:23 PM   #11603
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointer19 View Post
Not an "end of days" type of guy, are ya?
LOL. If it’s end of days, we’re all ****ed.

Like SUPER ****ed. Just as an easy divider let’s assume the modern food production system started at 1900 (mechanization, specialization) etc.

The US population was 76 Million. And the soils were native then and more productive if we move to back to a no supply chain situation for any period of time. So the holding capacity for the land would be probably less than 75M.

That’s a lot of dead ****ers. And the shit for brains that think starving people will trade food for gold will be the first ****ers dead.

For real though. There are some wackjobs out there. This guy wanted to have dinner with dad and I at a conference. Whatever, I’m not doing shit else. We had decent conversation then this sister****er springs it on us that at this one dudes direction he sold a combine and bought physical gold. Nobody is going to want soybeans when the economy collapses. and this is 2010. Dude bought the top.

https://www.barchart.com/futures/quo...eractive-chart

EDIT: I couldn’t get out of that dinner fast enough. And frankly I don’t even care if that soybean farmer lost his shit.

If you want to have incredible exposure to commodity markets, buy a pen of cattle. Then at least my friends will have some volume.

/rant
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.