View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 04:11 PM   #3
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By View Post
It was extremely disappointing. The entire "mechagodzilla" part was terrible. Also, the movie premise made no sense, even within its own self. And there were far too many "WTF?" issues (again, even within its own self).
It was a Godzilla movie. You might as well say the same thing about Eraserhead.

Actually I think they screwed up by changing course after the first film. They should have entered the ring as traditional cheese or stayed the course with the more realistic approach. Anyone who watched any of the 2014 film and just came back for this one (a lot of people actually) didn't know what to think. The last two films played to the traditional Godzilla fanbase (with fan service) and got a big "meh" from the normies.

I also think a good chunk (likely an hour or more) was left on the cutting room floor. A lot of scenes went from set up to payoff and you could tell there was more they just cut and it played silly and nonsensical.

Even I didn't think they'd completely abandon reality and go full WWE/Toho with it but they did. It's unfortunate because I think the 2014 film set up a more "real" universe...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote