View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 04:22 PM   #42
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
The Proposition is really cool. It is a touch on the arty side, but in a good way, as opposed to a Christopher Nolan mind**** way.

Another really good Australian western that I love is Quigley Down Under. Tom Selleck as the quintessential American hero and Alan Rickman in another wonderful role as sneering villain.

As previously mentioned, Unforgiven tops my list of favorite westerns. I also really, really, really liked the Cohen Brothers remake of True Grit, which is far superior to the original. Loved High Plains Drifter and The Shootist. Big fan of both (somewhat) recent Wyatt Earp movies, Tombstone and Wyatt Earp. Dennis Quaid was a much Doc Holliday than Val Kilmer.

Another favorite is the mostly forgotten Long Riders, about the James/Younger gang. All the brothers in the movie are played by actual brothers. The Keaches play the Jameses, the Carradines play the Youngers, the Quaids play the Millers, and the Guests play the Fords. Also features my favorite knife fight ever between David Carradine and James Remar.

And while it never made it to DVD or bluray, Son of the Morning Star was excellent - it was a two part miniseries about Custer, starring Gary Cole (Nordberg from Office Space).
Good call on Quigley! Another dvd I like to throw in the player from time to time that I forgot about.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.