**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Movies (be prepared for lots of John Wayne):

Red River
The Searchers
Rio Bravo
Big Jake
Chisum (if only because they make murder on horseback seem so lighthearted)

Josie Wales and Unforgiven

The Magnificent 7

Blazing Saddles counts, right?

Modern era: Open Range, Tombstone, 3:10 to Yuma, The Quick and the Dead (Unforgiven is an Eastwood movie, not a modern western). Django isn't quite a western, I don't suppose, nor is The Last of the Mohicans, at least not by my calculus.

But if I'm picking one, it's Red River. Friggen love that movie. I'd have probably said The Searchers a few years back but nah - I was wrong. It's Red River.
I know we’ve discussed John Wayne movies before but, I don’t recall if it was with you that I discussed Red River with or not. It is ALMOST a perfect film, right up until JoAnne Drue shows up. I don’t know if it was her acting or the script but man, she just ruins it. When we first meet her is when Matt and the others ride to the wagon train’s rescue. He’s in the middle of a gunfight and she’s all up in his business asking him why he’s mad. And then that is immediately followed with the typical rushed romance and more bad, writing? I tend to lean that direction because she was fine a year later in She Wore A Yellow Ribbon. I still watch it from time to time but, I just cringe when she makes her appearance and for much of the rest of the film.

Speaking of SWAYR, over the past two nights I watched the “Cavalry Trilogy” in order (plus Stagecoach last night). I don’t was kind of fooling around on line during the watch looking for any thoughts people might have had as to the importance of the three films. I didn’t really find that but, what I did learn is the general consensus is that Rio Grande is the weakest of the three. That shocked me, I have it pegged as number two behind Fort Apache. And I by no means find Yellow Ribbon to be weak, quite the opposite, just a bit weaker than the other two. Of course, I tend to March to the beat of a different drum, so…
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.