View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 12:27 PM   #2829
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Pork does well with fruit woods. I use a blend of pecan and cherry or apple when I smoke a butt or ribs. Rub is your choice and that one Buehler445 posted will be good. I use Meat Church honey hog. Honestly if you can get it up to 160 to 170 in the smoker you can either leave it alone and let it form bark until it’s done or wrap. Personally I don’t care about the bark so much as moisture so I wrap at that point in foil. You can also put it in a big aluminum pan and cover with foil. At that point heat is heat and you can finish in the oven at 225. Since it’s electric you’re just as well off in the smoker I’d guess. I like to let it hit 200 before I rest for an hour or so and then pull. If you use the pan method or just wrap you’ll still have juice in the bottom when you shred to mix back in. I hit it with a couple tbsps of ACV when I pull because I like it better and have bbq sauce on the side.

A crockpot on warm will keep it until lunch time fine also.
I’m smoking over night and will just take to work with me in morning. What smoker temp overnight, 225?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.