View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 09:03 AM   #4439
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
If I remember the filed FAA flight plan, they have SH landing off the coast of Texas. Are they planning a water landing, or do they have something out there large enough for it to land on? The existing droneships are too small, no?
Not yet, Phobos and Deimos are still in port getting "rebuilt". As I understand it, they plan to simulate an RTLS soft landing over water. SS is supposed to be completing almost 1 orbit and also attempt a soft landing over water north of Hawaii. I imagine NASA will have it's chase planes out for some excellent footage. I'm sure SpaceX will have some drones too.

Link to an Eric Berger article with comments about the FAA process...
https://arstechnica.com/science/2021...et-last-night/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berger
For months, SpaceX has been working with the FAA on an environmental assessment. After a "draft" of this assessment is published, there will be a minimum of a 30-day period for public comments. This will be followed by other steps, including a determination by the FAA on whether SpaceX's proposed environmental mitigations will be enough, or if more work is required. More information about this process is available on the FAA's website.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.