View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 10:18 AM   #1987
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
I get all that, but let's be honest. Being Top 5 at the TE position in a given year is quite fluid really, there has rarely been a half dozen badass performers at the TE position.

16 / 101 targets / 67 rec / 723 yards / 10.8 YPC / 6 TD
15 / 93 targets / 62 rec / 673 yards / 10.9 YPC / 3 TD

I guess we differ on what significantly means. Sure, 6 is 2X 3... but other than that, very equal. Hock had 5 of his 6 TDs prior to week 9 and then only 1 the rest of the way. Fant had 2 in the first two games and only 1 the rest of the way. Neither guy was a consistent producer really.

I just don't see how you could reasonably say Hock was on track to being a monster without as much projection as those that speak well of Fant's upside.
I wasn’t talking just in terms of production. This is why I brought up Bevell. On tape, Hockenson still looked like a guy that being held back by his OC despite already being top 5 at his position. He should’ve been a 900+ yards guy with 9+ TD’s.

And again, this also goes back to their days at Iowa. Hock has just always been better IMO.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.