View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 12:43 PM   #8607
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Kansas will get into the Big 10 before Iowa State

But I don't think many realize this isn't about picking up and dealing with the scraps from the Big 12. This is about creating powerful money making conferences and the SEC just made a huge move.

The Big Ten has to counter what the SEC is doing. Adding Kansas doesn't move the needle. If you are the Big Ten you have to worry about your elite teams bolting if they are in a substandard conference. So to keep the Ohio States and Penn States happy you need to be aggressive and bring in some powerful football schools.

Notre Dame is at the top off the list. The Big Ten needs it, and frankly Notre Dame has to think its options long term is SEC or Big Ten. This is critical.

The Big Ten still needs a considerable football program. I think you have to look at Florida State, and Clemson. THEN once you add two schools to counter what the SEC added in Oklahoma and Texas, you can go out and add four more schools to bring you to 20.

If I'm the Big Ten, my wish list would be: Notre Dame, Clemson, Florida State, Virginia or Virginia Tech, Kansas, and Colorado.

Hell, I'd also call up Texas A&M and see if they would like to join the Big Ten, odd to leave the SEC the but if they don't want to be with Texas it makes sense. SEC isn't going to stop after Oklahoma and Texas anyway, they will get to 20 too.

In the end I think we have three 20 team super conferences, SEC, BIG, and PAC
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.