View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 09:17 AM   #794
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
Yeah, I’ve simply never read anything in the genre that approaches his thematic depth. I could absolutely get lost in his prose with his characters not even moving the plot along, but just having some meta conversation on the nature of hero’s journey and just be rapt.

And if that kind of thing is not for you, then the epic set pieces are sure to please everyone.

Has anyone read the ICE stuff or the Kharkanas stuff that’s been released? I’m curious how it stacks up.
Kharkanas is dry, and depressing, but still brilliant. Seeing Anomandaris BEFORE he BECAME Anomander is incredible.

ICE is up and down. The first few books read like they are his first few books.

The path to Ascendancy stuff is really excellent and tells the backstory of Kellanved and Dancer. I also would highly recommend checking out The Return of the Crimson Guard, which shows some key pieces of the main timeline/story.

Knight of Knives is also good reading to supplement the main timeline, though it isn't incredibly strong writing.

ICE answers some key questions/fills in key backstory. The writing isn't as sharp and the scope is less epic. But it's worthwhile if you want more time in the world and want more questions answered.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.