View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 06:36 AM   #2711
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
If you liked the smoked Turkey, Give this one a shot. My Family loves it:

- Wet Brine for 12 hours refrigerated and covered - 2 cups of whiskey with brine
- Dry Turkey and coat with SPG (Salt, Pepper and Garlic Mix)
- Coat with a poultry rub of your choice
- set smoker to 250 degrees and cook for 30 mins per pound
- After one hour, spray Turkey lightly with mists of water, repeat after the 2nd hour.
- When Turkey hits 140 degree internal temp, generously glaze with a mixture of honey and butter - about 4 tablespoons of honey and 1 stick of butter - repeat this one hour later
- After the internal temp hits 160, Hit the the outer layer of the Turkey with a little Victory Lane BBQ Gold Dust. This just adds a little extra flavor to the meat.
- Pull off at 165 degrees, wrap in foil for 30-45 mins and slice to your delight
I may have to try that one. I ****ing hate turkey, but I figured out how to smoke them Up right and my damned family wants them every thanksgiving.

That might dress it up some.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote