Thread: Movies and TV MCU Phase 4 Trailer
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 01:00 PM   #34
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
The blame lies with Marvel and Captain Marvel's directors, not with Larson herself, who is an Academy Award winner, Golden Globes winner, BAFTA winner, SAG award and Emmy Award winner.

She's one award away from the coveted EGOT, which only 16 people have ever achieved.
I'd probably agree with that. But there was some weird shit going on. I presume you watched the interviews leading up to IW/EG. Shit was weiiiiiiird man. I think maybe she was trying to be funny, but it was bad. The weird thing is that she has been fantastic in other non-MCU interviews I've seen.

And that's also to say that there were no charismatic performances in the show. SLJ of course was worth the watch. Clark Gregg, in his limited role was pretty good. Mendelson, IMO was really REALLY good in the movie.

And even after getting blasted for Captain Marvel she didn't change much in IW/EG, not that she was in it enough to matter that much.

It's like she became a different person when she joined the MCU. It's weird.

All that being said, I'm rooting for her to turn it around. As much as I've enjoyed the MCU it's in my best interest to root for their success, and her being written out or marginalized is not optimal.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.